Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How do I make an online payment?
A:  Click on the "Online Payments" tab to pay by credit card.  You must first create an account.  Both utility bills and tax payments can be made online.  A 3% service charge will apply to credit card transactions.

Q:  What should I do if I have a plugged sewer?
A:  In order for the DPW to clean your sewer, you must have an outside clean-out on the village right-of-way.  Please locate it and make sure it's visible.  The crew will only clean from the clean-out to the main.  Your service line is your responsibility.  If you do not have an outside clean-out, you will have to make other arrangements.  If you need assistance after hours, you must call 911 and they will reach the person on duty.

Q:  How do I report a pothole, streetlight outage or other issues?
A:  You may call the Village Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM or send us an email through our "Contact" page.

Q:  How do I contact the Police Department?
A:  If you have an emergency please call 911.  For non-emergency calls, they may be reached at (989) 845-2550.

Q:  How do I reserve the a park pavilion?
A:  Call the Village Office Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.

Q:  Is burning allowed in the village?
A:  You are allowed to have a small enclosed fire pit for a campfire.  It is only permissible to burn wood.  No leaves, brush or building materials may be burned.

Q:  What should I do if my garbage/recycling pick up was missed?
A:  You should call Granger Customer Service at (888) 947-2643.

Q:  I am buying or selling property in the village.  What do I need to do?
A: Before closing on a property, an Inflow and Infiltration inspection must be performed.  Please contact our office to set this up at least 3 weeks prior to your closing date. Upon transfer of ownership, the seller should contact us for a final water read and the buyer should contact us with their information.

If you have another question, please use this link to contact us.