The Chesaning Airport was established in 1946 with land donated to the village by local individuals for exclusive use as an airport. In 1987 it was renamed in memory of long time manager Howard Nixon. Located on the western edge of the Village of Chesaning, there are numerous shops and restaurants nearby and it is in close proximity to the schools and golf course.
Active groups at the airport include the Chesaning Sport Plane Association, Chesaning Aero Club and Michigan Ultralight Association. A Dawn Patrol Fly-In and Pancake Breakfast is held every year in July.
A landing strip is available for light aircraft. For more information visit the FAA link at http://www.airnav.com/airport/50G.